Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manos Moschous <mo...@ics.forth.gr> on 2006/05/09 10:29:37 UTC

allowLinking tomcat 5.5.17

Hi,

i am trying to enable tomcat to follow symbolic links
Unfortunately, i wasnt able to make it work for my web application which
is called "mv" and is located
to the $(catalina.home)/webapps/mv directory.

I tried the options below:

1) touch file to $(catalina.home)/conf/Catalina/localhost/mv.xml

<Context docBase="mv" debug="5" crossContext="true" reloadable="true">
       <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" allowLinking="true"  />
</Context>

2)touch file to $(catalina.home)/webapps/mv/META-INF/context.xml

<Context reloadable="true" crossContext="true" path="/mv">
       <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" allowLinking="true" />
</Context>

3)Changed server.xml configuration file

add inside <Host> ... </Host> tags:

 <Context path="/mv" docBase="mv" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
           <Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" allowLinking="true" />
  </Context>

or
   <DefaultContext allowLinking="true" />

What am i doing wrong...?

--
Manos Moschous
M.Sc. in Computer Science

Tel: +30 (2810) 391945
Fax: +30 (2810) 391937
Mob: +30 693 6656123

PO BOX 1385, Vasilika Vouton
GR71110  Heraklion  Crete
Greece

Re: allowLinking tomcat 5.5.17

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Manos Moschous wrote:
> i changed to $(catalina.home)/conf/context.xml
> and it changed for all web applications running on tomcat.
>
> BTW, i am not sure what is the procedure to make it for individual
> applications

Regards
  mks

回复: Re: allowLinking tomcat 5.5.17

Posted by Kyle Wu <bu...@yahoo.com.cn>.
well, I think u should put your own context.xml in the
META-INF/ directory under your webapp directory.

--- Manos Moschous <mo...@ics.forth.gr>�:

Posted by Manos Moschous <mo...@ics.forth.gr>.
ok,

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.