Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Eduardo Saltelli <ed...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/13 22:30:41 UTC

[ dbcp ] Release Date on 1.3

Just wondering if a date has been determined for 1.3?

TIA,

Ed

Re: [ configuration ] setting top-level attributes

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Oliver Heger wrote:
> Bond - James D. wrote:

>>> Hm, your code should work. I added the following unit test, which
>>> runs successful:
>>>
>>>      /**
>>>       * Tests setting an attribute on the root element.
>>>       */
>>>      public void testSetRootAttribute() throws ConfigurationException
>>>      {
>>>          conf.setProperty("[@test]", "true");
>>>          assertEquals("Root attribute not set", "true", conf
>>>                  .getString("[@test]"));
>>>          conf.save(testSaveConf);
>>>          XMLConfiguration checkConf = new XMLConfiguration();
>>>          checkConf.setFile(testSaveConf);
>>>          assertTrue("Attribute not found after save", checkConf
>>>                  .containsKey("[@test]"));
>>>      }
>>>
>>> (where conf is a XMLConfiguration). As you can see, I also only
>>> specify the attribute part of the key.
>>>
>>> Can you double-check with this code? Or can you provide an example
>>> code fragment, which does not work?
>>>
>>> Oliver
>>
>> Ok, I can't get it to work ... here's my code:
>>
>> String xmlTemplate = "c:\\temp\\ordermessage.xml";
>> String newXmlTemplate = "c:\\temp\\changedordermessage.xml";
>>
>> XMLConfiguration xmlCfg = new XMLConfiguration(xmlTemplate);
>> xmlCfg.setValidating(false);
>> xmlCfg.setEncoding("UTF-8");
>> xmlCfg.setProperty("[@payloadID]", ""+System.currentTimeMillis());
>> xmlCfg.setProperty("[@timestamp]", new Date().toString());
>> FileWriter outter = new FileWriter(newXmlTemplate);
>> xmlCfg.save(outter);
>> outter.close();
>> xmlCfg.clear();
>>
>> And here is the XML file:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM
>> "http://xml.cXML.org/schemas/cXML/1.2.008/cXML.dtd">
>> <cXML payloadID="29066032971189013758490"
>> timestamp="2007-09-12T09:34:16-05:00">
>>   <Header>
>>     <To>
>>       <Credential domain="testID">
>>         <Identity>12345</Identity>
>>       </Credential>
>>     </To>
>>   </Header>
>> </cXML>
>>

> After some further testing: you are right, there seems to be a bug! If
> the attribute already exists, a new value is not written. Can you open a
> ticket in jira [1], please?
>
> Thanks.
> Oliver
>
> [1]
> http://commons.apache.org/configuration/issue-tracking.html

Never mind. I created the ticket [1].

Oliver

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-296

Re: [ configuration ] setting top-level attributes

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by "Bond - James D." <ja...@telesoft.com>.

--
James Dalrymple

Re: [ configuration ] setting top-level attributes

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Re: [ dbcp ] Release Date on 1.3

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/07, Eduardo Saltelli <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if a date has been determined for 1.3?

Nope, we don't plan release dates here. Rather it's a case of getting
all the issues for a version fixed and then kicking off the release
cycle.

So there's "sometime" for the first step, and "soon" for the second.

Hen