Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "yangpeng0928@sina.cn" <ya...@sina.cn> on 2021/04/22 08:08:16 UTC

Docker Running Apache Ignite Official Images memory continues to increase

Hi:
  I pull the docker image provided by Apache ignite, address: https://hub.docker.com/r/apacheignite/ignite. Docker Pull Command:docker pull apacheignite/ignite
 Then execute the dock run command:docker run -itd --cpuset-cpus="0" -m 4096M --memory-reservation 4096M --name apacheignite_ignite --net=host apacheignite/ignite:2.10.0
But after running for 2 days, we found that the memory used by it has been increasing, as shown in the figure:
Excuse me, how to solve the problem that the memory has been growing?
Is there a memory leak?
Or is this slow memory growth normal when docker is running?

yangpeng0928@sina.cn

Re: Docker Running Apache Ignite Official Images memory continues to increase

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
As Ilya says, it’s not clear that there’s an issue here. Java will use up to the amount of memory you configure for its heap. There’s no suggestion that it’s running out of memory.

As you insert, update and remove data in a cluster you would expect the memory footprint to increase over time and then plateau when it reaches the heap and the data region size limit.

Posted by "yangpeng0928@sina.cn" <ya...@sina.cn>.
Hello!

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!