Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Edward Jones <el...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/02/06 11:05:06 UTC

Deploying Cocoon2 within Oracle 9iAS

Hello,
I am trying to deploy the Cocoon2 application to run
under Oracle 9iAS/oc4j, and so far despite a trawl of
the web, not having much success.

Following a straightforward installed - copied .war
file to /applications, added lines to application.xml
and http-web-site.xml, the .war unpacked fine. However
trying to access the default page
http://server/cocoon/ produces the following error
message in return:

--
type fatal

message SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found

description java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info
--
Also, in the console window I get, from the first time
I run cocoon after starting the oc4j server the

Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in
use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:405)

at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)

at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:82)
at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:14

7)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
Checking sitemap reload = true
Reloading sitemap asynchron = true
Sitemap check delay = 1 sec
--

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: Deploying Cocoon2 within Oracle 9iAS

Posted by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org>.
Edward Jones wrote:

>Hello,
>I am trying to deploy the Cocoon2 application to run
>under Oracle 9iAS/oc4j, and so far despite a trawl of
>the web, not having much success.
>
>Following a straightforward installed - copied .war
>file to /applications, added lines to application.xml
>and http-web-site.xml, the .war unpacked fine. However
>trying to access the default page
>http://server/cocoon/ produces the following error
>message in return:

 DB Prism is mainly developed with OC4J, you could find an step by step
guide to install Cocoon 2.0.0 on oc4j at
 http://www.dbprism.com.ar/dbprism/doc/docs/OC4J.html
 It includes the changes necesary for oc4j 1.0.2.x and the newest
2.0.0.x which replaces xerces and xalan with Oracle xmlparserv2.
 Best regards, Marcelo.

PD: Note that this page is served by Cocoon 2.0.0 on line using DB Prism
CMS on an Oracle 8i.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @ http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/