Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Robert Gombotz <a9...@unet.univie.ac.at> on 2004/02/05 16:04:34 UTC

file upload

hi!

I guess this is not really a jetspeed-specific question:

I would need to write a portlet, prolly a velocity-portlet, that, after a button is pressed, opens a file dialog. the user should be able to select a file from his local file system and then upload it to the machine where jetspeed is installed.
like i said, this is more a web-programming question rather than a jetspeed-question. However, any hint would be appreciated.

cheers!

Rob

Re: file upload

Posted by Luc Pezet <lu...@igougo.com>.
That's correct : this is not a jetspeed related question ;)

You will need a library to upload file (I suggest http://www.javazoom.net/
as it's free and well done).
Then the html form should look like this :
<form action="upload.jsp" enctype="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA" method=post>

Select file to upload <input type="file" name="filename" />

<input type="submit" value="Upload" />

</form>

I use a jsp file but u can specify an portlet action.
Look at the javazoom documentation for the code.

Luc.

RE: file upload

Posted by Pramod Jain <pr...@indent.org>.
check out