Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/26 00:41:08 UTC

Re: filter out events

[Please subscribe to new flume-user@incubator.apache.org list, bcc
flume-user@cloudera.org, cc flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

Lior,

You could write a decorator plugin in that only propagates the message that
meet a particular criteria and not send the others.

If you used BE or DFO mode, you could put this at the agent or the
collector.

If you are using this with the e2e mode, this would need to go to the agent.
 This is because you would need to make sure that this filter happens
*before* it gets to the agentE2E.  If it is after, you will remove messages
that are needed to calculate a proper checksum!

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera