Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Petras, Jason W" <Ja...@Australia.Boeing.com> on 2001/04/27 04:59:40 UTC

Cocoon / turbine-pool.jar install problems.

We have the following versions:

Apache 1.3.19
Tomcat 3.2.1
Jetspeed 1.3a1
Cocoon 1.8.2

On their own, Cocoon and Jetspeed will run, when both installed Jetspeed
will run when turbine-pool.jar is removed from $TOMCAT_HOME/lib, and cocoon
will give a runtime exception on:

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make sure needed classes can
be found in the classpath
(org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceServices)

If turbine-pool.jar is included in  $TOMCAT_HOME/lib restarting tomcat gives
java.lang.NullPointerException error.  I have found references to using the
older version 1.3 of turbine-pool.jar which gave a different error of
Exception in "main on method doGet signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest........).

I have also seen suggestions of placing turbine-pool.jar in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib but this does not work either.  Has
anyone else had the propblem and fixed it, especially on the same versions.

thanks in advance.

Jason Petras.
Boeing Australia.

Re: Cocoon / turbine-pool.jar install problems.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Petras, Jason W wrote:

> We have the following versions:
>
> Apache 1.3.19
> Tomcat 3.2.1
> Jetspeed 1.3a1
> Cocoon 1.8.2
>
> On their own, Cocoon and Jetspeed will run, when both installed Jetspeed
> will run when turbine-pool.jar is removed from $TOMCAT_HOME/lib, and cocoon
> will give a runtime exception on:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make sure needed classes can
> be found in the classpath
> (org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceServices)
>
> If turbine-pool.jar is included in  $TOMCAT_HOME/lib restarting tomcat gives
> java.lang.NullPointerException error.  I have found references to using the
> older version 1.3 of turbine-pool.jar which gave a different error of
> Exception in "main on method doGet signature:
> (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest........).
>
> I have also seen suggestions of placing turbine-pool.jar in
> $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib but this does not work either.  Has
> anyone else had the propblem and fixed it, especially on the same versions.

i'm betting money that jetspeed bundles a later version turbine inside its
own jar. two suggestions:

1. patch c1 to conform to the later turbine api and mail me the patch

2. install jetspeed and cocoon in distinct webapps' /WEB-INF/lib
directories. as long as you don't need them both for the same webapp, you
should be fine.

- donald