Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "akshata s.m." <ak...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/05 11:37:39 UTC

Scripts run without proxy being set

Hello..

I observe that the scripts are executed successfully inspite of the Proxy server not configured in the Workbench and also no proxy settings enabled in my browser..

Say i have scripts to login a user 'A' with password 'pwd' who is an existing user. I also observe that when i modify my scripts to login a nonexisting user.. they execute successfully.

Any hidden reason for this?

How do i determine that the user does not exist in the application if the listener displays success for all the login samplers..

Kindly clarify my doubts.

Regards,
Akshata

Re: Scripts run without proxy being set

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 05/09/2008, akshata s.m. <ak...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello..
>
>  I observe that the scripts are executed successfully inspite of the Proxy server not configured in the Workbench and also no proxy settings enabled in my browser..

The Proxy server is only needed when recording scripts, not when running them.

>  Say i have scripts to login a user 'A' with password 'pwd' who is an existing user. I also observe that when i modify my scripts to login a nonexisting user.. they execute successfully.
>
>  Any hidden reason for this?
>
>  How do i determine that the user does not exist in the application if the listener displays success for all the login samplers..

Because JMeter does not examine the text of the page, unless you add a
Response Assertion to tell it what to look for.