Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/23 17:38:19 UTC

Some extinted commands

Hello
We had an old document (I think it was hadoop 0.2) which stated these steps

To start Hadoop:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/start-all.sh (alternatively, you can start hdfs then mapreduce by start-dfs.sh and start-mapred.sh respectively)
To stop Hadoop:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/stop-all.sh (or stop-dfs.sh and stop-mapred.sh)

However I can not find such files in the latest release. What are the alternatives of these commands?

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Some extinted commands

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.
Some of the shell scripts are now in the sbin directory. The
documentation at the website that matches your version will save you a
lot of grief.
Chris

Re: Some extinted commands

Posted by Chris Mawata <ch...@gmail.com>.