Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza <re...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/21 04:49:23 UTC

device map data

So I know we talked about this before, but are we planning on getting the latest device data into this project? I believe OpenDDR is on the 1.18/1.19 release.

As for status on my end, haven't really gotten any feedback on the Java API, but I plan on cranking out some of my proposed changes soon. Just been bogged down with work. On a site note, my device "classification" presentation at VUG went really well. I have a sense that the tide is turning on server side device classification being a part of responsive design.

Re: device map data

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Reza <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So I know we talked about this before, but are we planning on
> getting the latest device data into this project? I believe OpenDDR is
> on the 1.18/1.19 release...

Apache accepts only voluntary contributions, so we cannot grab the
OpenDDR data and update our own ourselves, unless OpenDDR donates it
to this project. I don't think there have been any updates after the
initial DMAP-11 donation.

The alternative is for us to setup a way to update the data ourselves
- having a test page (maybe driven by browsermap) that displays
whatever information it can find about an unknown device that's
accessing it would be a first step.

-Bertrand