Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org> on 2018/12/09 02:03:38 UTC

java qpid server embedded, upgrading from 6.x to 7.x

I use qpid during integration tests and basically fire up an embedded qpid
server programmatically, then run my tests, then stop the server. I have a
working setup for 6.0.0 and was attempt to update to a 7.x version and
found that the entry point i was using has been changed, specifically the
'Broker' and 'BrokerOptions' classes below.  Is there an eqivalent class
for the 7.x versions?
Also, is there a unit test or something similar in the qpid code base that
i could track or follow for do something similar for future versions?

Here's my old code for v6
import org.apache.qpid.server.Broker;
import org.apache.qpid.server.BrokerOptions;

org.apache.qpid.server.Broker broker = new Broker();
          BrokerOptions options = new BrokerOptions();
          options.setOverwriteConfigurationStore(true);
          options.setStartupLoggedToSystemOut(true);
          String file=new File(".").getAbsolutePath() + File.separator +
"src/test/resources/config.json";
          System.out.println(file);
          options.setConfigurationStoreLocation(file);
          broker.startup(options);

Re: java qpid server embedded, upgrading from 6.x to 7.x

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

There is no wiki article for embedding 6.0 and 6.1.
I while ago I built some examples for embedding 6.1. You can have a
look at them at JIRA [1]. Some explanations for the examples are
provided in JIRA comment [2].

What are the reasons behind your need to use 6.0 and 6.1?

Please note, both of them have some issues with direct memory
management. The details in JIRA [3]. The issues have been mitigated in
latest 6.0.x and 6.1.x  versions but they have been fully resolved
only in 7.0.
Thus, I would like to suggest replacement of 6.x with 7.0.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12863656/embedded-broker-example.tar.gz
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-7747?focusedCommentId=15971267&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15971267