Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Elmore <me...@insideflyer.com> on 2000/07/20 22:22:33 UTC

Embperl:Installation:Newbie question.

Hello everyone.

	I'm new to Embperl but am very anxious to get started using what I feel is
going to be a very helpful module. However I haven't been able to get it to
install properly on my local system. I work off my own harddrive for
developement purposes because I find it faster than FTPing everything I
write to the test server for testing...anyways attempting to make a long
story short: I work on a 550mghtz Pentium 3 machine running Windows 98 with
200 megs of RAM. I have the latest installation of ActiveStates Perl and use
DOS as my shell for invoking the scripts, the interpreter, etc. I'm also
running the latest version of the Xitami server. Simple enough for a
dunderhead like me but powerful enough to allow me to run PHP, PERL and JSP
from my local drive...and it's free. :)

	That, good people, is my system setup for anyone who feels this info might
be helpful. Here is the error message when I try to compile Embperl:
========================
Microsoft(R) Windows 98(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998.

C:\My_Documents\MichaelsStuff\webwork\perl>perl
C:\My_Documents\HTML-Embperl-1.3b4\Makefile.PL

Running on Win 32
Build with support for Apache mod_perl?(y/n) [y]n
Will build without mod_perl support Apache::Session not installed on this
system -> Disable tests for persistent data storage

Cannot open C:/My_Documents/MichaelsStuff/webwork/perl/test/conf/config.pl
at C:\My_Documents\HTML-Embperl-1.3b4\Makefile.PL line 845, <STDIN> line 1.
========================

	That's pretty much everything from the time I open DOS. Any ideas as to
what I'm doing wrong? Any help that anybody can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you all very much for your kind consideration.

Yrs,

Michael
WebFlyer Interactive Team
2428 Hall Ave.