Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Patrick Jaromin <Pa...@JGSullivan.com> on 2001/11/09 22:36:04 UTC

html:form forward attribute?

I'm a relative newcomer to Struts and wish to start off by saying
that I find it a wonderful framework to work with...Kudos to all those
involved!

That said, there has always been something that puzzled me:
Why doesn't the html:form element include a "forward" attribute?

Recently I was forced to change "paths" -- and this level of indirection
added to the form tag would have saved much JSP editing time.

I searched through the archives and was unable to locate any discussions
of this...so I modified a local version of FormTag to explore this possibility.
It works flawlessly in my application.

Is anyone interested in this functionality, or am I missing something here?

- Patrick

Re: html:form forward attribute?

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Does this mean you can specify the Action for the form element from the
struts-config? I've always wanted to try this, but never get around to
it. I agree that it would be good if we could eliminate having to
hardcode URI here. Do you have a patch?