Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Andy Goodell <go...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/22 20:48:16 UTC

Corrupted indexes

Recently, I've been getting a lot of corrupted lucene indexes.  They
appear to return search results normally, but there is really no good
way to test whether information is missing.  The main problem is that
when i try to optimize, i get the following Exception:

java.io.IOException: read past EOF
        at org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSInputStream.readInternal(CompoundFileReader.java:218)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:61)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.norms(SegmentReader.java:356)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.norms(SegmentReader.java:323)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergeNorms(SegmentMerger.java:422)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:94)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:487)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.optimize(IndexWriter.java:366)

this is preventing me from optimizing the indexes, and also scares me
that information might be missing.

Does anybody know what's going on here, and what might be wrong?

Thanks for your time,
- andy g

Re: Corrupted indexes

Posted by Honey George <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Andy,
  Please take a look at the following thread, this
should help you.
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg08976.html

Thanks,
  George