Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcel Casado <ma...@ucar.edu> on 2006/11/07 21:12:29 UTC

Rampart problem with encryption

Hi,

I'm trying to secure services with Rampart encrypting the body of the
soap message. When the load on the body are pure xml elements with no
attributes works fine but when the load has elements with attributes
when they are decrypted the value is "null". The service was working
fine with out encryption.

I sent this before but I was not able to get much help. I'm stuck with
this and I need to get it working in a production system soon. Help
please, I'm kind of desperate. I told my boss that with axis2 and
Rampart will get secure services quite easily and I been stuck almost
for one month on this.

Example of load :

<AllowedValuesSet isStatic="true">
  <NestedMap>
    <MapEntry entryValue="Model Output" entryKey="model_output"/>
    <MapEntry entryValue="Observation" entryKey="observation"/>
    <NestedMap parentKey="observation">
      <MapEntry entryValue="Station" entryKey="observation>station"/>
      <NestedMap parentKey="observation>station">
        <MapEntry entryValue="Lightning"
entryKey="observation>station>lightning"/>
        <MapEntry entryValue="Mesowest/WMO"
entryKey="observation>station>wmo"/>
        <MapEntry entryValue="Profiler"
entryKey="observation>station>profiler"/>
        <MapEntry entryValue="SAMS" entryKey="observation>station>sams"/>
        <MapEntry entryValue="Sounding"
entryKey="observation>station>sounding"/>
      </NestedMap>
    </NestedMap>
    <NestedMap parentKey="model_output">
      <MapEntry entryValue="MM5" entryKey="model_output>mm5"/>
      <NestedMap parentKey="model_output>mm5">
        <MapEntry entryValue="Forecast"
entryKey="model_output>mm5>forecast"/>
      </NestedMap>
    </NestedMap>
  </NestedMap>
</AllowedValuesSet>

services.xml :

<!-- This file was auto-generated from WSDL -->
      <!-- by the Apache Axis2 version: #axisVersion# #today# -->
<serviceGroup>
  <service name="MetvaultMetadataService">
    <messageReceivers>
      <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"

class="edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.MetvaultMetadataServiceMessageReceiverInOut"/>
    </messageReceivers>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass" locked="false">

edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.MetvaultMetadataServiceSkeleton</parameter>
    <operation name="getAllowedValuesSet"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>getAllowedValuesSet</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="getMetadata"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>getMetadata</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="retrieveMetadata"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>retrieveMetadata</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="executeService"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>executeService</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="requestServiceSummary"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>requestServiceSummary</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="requestServiceResponse"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>requestServiceResponse</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="requestCrawlerStart"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>requestCrawlerStart</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <operation name="requestCrawlerStop"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>requestCrawlerStop</actionMapping>
    </operation>
   <operation name="requestLogin"
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out">
      <actionMapping>requestLogin</actionMapping>
    </operation>
    <module ref="rampart"/>

   <parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
     <action>
       <items>Timestamp Encrypt</items>

<passwordCallbackClass>edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.PWCBHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
       <encryptionPropFile>service.properties</encryptionPropFile>
       <encryptionKeyIdentifier>IssuerSerial</encryptionKeyIdentifier>
       <encryptionUser>client</encryptionUser>
     </action>
   </parameter>

    <parameter name="InflowSecurity">
      <action>
        <items>UsernameToken Timestamp Encrypt</items>

<passwordCallbackClass>edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.PWCBHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
        <decryptionPropFile>service.properties</decryptionPropFile>
      </action>
    </parameter>

  </service>
</serviceGroup>

client axis2.xml excerpt :

  <module ref="rampart"/>

  <parameter name="InflowSecurity">
    <action>
      <items>Timestamp Encrypt</items>

<passwordCallbackClass>edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.PWCBHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
      <decryptionPropFile>client.properties</decryptionPropFile>
    </action>
  </parameter>

  <parameter name="OutflowSecurity">
    <action>
      <items>UsernameToken Timestamp Encrypt</items>
      <passwordType>PasswordText</passwordType>
      <signaturePropFile>client.properties</signaturePropFile>
      <signatureKeyIdentifier>DirectReference</signatureKeyIdentifier>
      <encryptionUser>service</encryptionUser>
      <encryptionPropFile>client.properties</encryptionPropFile>
      <encryptionIdentifier>IssuerSerial</encryptionIdentifier>
      <encryptionParts>

{Element}{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}UsernameToken
      </encryptionParts>
      <! -- The user and password are set up on the client stub with an
instance of a pwcallbackHandle -->
      <!--    <user>marcel</user>   -->
      <!--
<passwordCallbackClass>edu.ucar.rap.metvault.metvaultservice.version1_0.metadataservice.PWCBHandler</passwordCallbackClass>
-->
    </action>

  </parameter>

I got another question, how to configure a client for using
UsernameToken and Signature since they both use the <user> parameter and
in my case are different. Do I have to set up two  actions ? Could you
send me an example of the setup on the client and on the service  ?

Thanks in advance,

-Marcel

Re: Rampart problem with encryption

Posted by Philipp Perner <ph...@healthgate.at>.
Hi marcel,

I'm just working on this.
I have a new post called "Encrypting Message Failure" from 11/30/06
where Mary Thompson perhaps provides some help.
You can participate posting there...

It seems that rampart module is not applicable at runtime for the client.

BTW: I am using rampart1.1-RC1 from 27.11.2006
But you should try the nightly builds of rampart with axis2-1.1 latest
builds.

philipp

Posted by Marcel Casado <ma...@ucar.edu>.
Hi Philipp,