Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Willie Vu <wi...@dev.java.net> on 2007/01/22 17:29:48 UTC

Install custom plugin manually

I want to install a custom plugin manually using the following:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=custom-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-DgroupId=com.foo.mojo -DartifactId=custom-maven-plugin
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

The jar file is installed in the local repository but not the .pom file.

When a goal of the custom plugin is executed, Maven can't find the
plugin and gives the following error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: com.foo.mojo
ArtifactId: custom-maven-plugin
Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

  com.foo.mojo:custom-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

It seems Maven complains the missing .pom file in the local
repository.  Since the pom.xml actually in the jar file, shouldn't
install:install-file install the .pom file?

--
Willie Vu

HKJUG - http://hkjug.dev.java.net

Re: Install custom plugin manually

Posted by allan ramirez <aq...@gmail.com>.
Try to extract the pom first inside the jar then execute your
command including the -DpomFile parameter

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=custom-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-DgroupId=com.foo.mojo -DartifactId=custom-maven-plugin
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DpomFile=<path of pom>

This will install both the artifact and the pom file in your local
repository.

But I haven't tried installing a plugin like this before so I am not sure if
the plugin will work.

-allan

On 1/23/07, Willie Vu <wi...@dev.java.net> wrote:

> I want to install a custom plugin manually using the following:
>
> mvn install:install-file -Dfile=custom-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> -DgroupId=com.foo.mojo -DartifactId=custom-maven-plugin
> -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> The jar file is installed in the local repository but not the .pom file.
>
> When a goal of the custom plugin is executed, Maven can't find the
> plugin and gives the following error:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: com.foo.mojo
> ArtifactId: custom-maven-plugin
> Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT

> com.foo.mojo:custom-maven-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> It seems Maven complains the missing .pom file in the local
> repository.  Since the pom.xml actually in the jar file, shouldn't
> install:install-file install the .pom file?
>
> --
> Willie Vu
>
> HKJUG - http://hkjug.dev.java.net

- alramirez