Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Horace A. Vallas, Jr." <ha...@hav.com> on 2001/03/09 00:14:25 UTC

Forbidden: you don't have permission...

when I start things up, it looks like it loads ok but
I'm working remotely and cannot seem to get to the struts-example
across the net -- I get a response Forbidden, you don't have permission...

the standard error_log says "client denied by server configuration:..."

I'm running in a number virtual host - apache1.3.12 and tomcat 3.2.1
with all the struts-required things like java2 etc.  and, again,
it looks like the struts-example stuff unpacks and starts up ok when
I start tomcat.

tomcat and the virtual host are, of course, rooted differently

jsp and my own servlets are working fine, though my servlets are
basically rooted with the virtual host (/WEB-INF/classes at the
virtual host's root)

Any pointers on how I can reach it from the net?

--
Wishing you an "OOBA OOBA" 21st Century!!
Horace                            ...once known as "Kicker" :-)

Thawte Web Of Trust Notary in SW Houston, Tx.
http://www.hav.com/?content=/thawteWOTnotary.htm
...drop by and chat if I'm online       http://www.hav.com/chat/
===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ===   ====
What is a Vet? ... He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five
wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a
hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite
bravery near the 38th parallel. ...   - Unknown

Re: Forbidden: you don't have permission...

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
It is my guess. Because your Tomcat installation is done in other computer
you do not know what permission are at Tomcat working directory
(tomcat/dist/tomcat/work) where the jasper compiler will put your "java"
and "class" files for your servlets - jsp files. Check permissions there
and other directories under Tomcat (webapps,...). And the top directory
tomcat/dist/tomcat.
Maya