Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Trevor Baker <am...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/12/07 00:02:31 UTC

Apache and Tomcat with one access log?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you can configure Tomcat (or more realistically configure
Apache HTTP) to use one access log. I don't like having two access logs
since it requires a little more work to create the web trends stats.

Ideally I would like to have Apache log all access to Tomcat redirected URLs
instead of Tomcat having to do any access logging at all. Can anyone give me
some pointers/answer?

Here's the goods that I got:
Apache 2.0.43
Tomcat 4.1.12

Mucho appreciated!

Trevor Baker

Re: Apache and Tomcat with one access log?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If apache gets all the requests and uses JK to proxy the requests to
tomcat - you can ignore the tomcat access logs. Every request will be in
the apache access log. Passing both logs to webtrends will give you the
wrong stats since you will be double counting the same request.

In fact - in that scenario - you should probably disable the
AccessLogValve in tomcat for slight performance gain.

-Tim