Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michał <bu...@buziaczek.pl> on 2004/06/25 17:47:46 UTC

Problem with 'abs' function in XSL Stylesheet in Cocoon2

Hello

I'm trying to use 'abs' function in my XSL Stylesheet to get absolute value
of a number, but Cocoon2 says that this function doesn't exist. What's more,
'floor', 'ceiling' and 'round' are working fine but 'min' and 'max' aren't,
just like 'abs'. These functions exist in the XSL specification, but maybe
Cocoon just doesn't support them? Anyway, I'd really love to get this
absolute value :)

Any advice very appreciated
Michael

Re: Problem with 'abs' function in XSL Stylesheet in Cocoon2

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 26.06.2004 00:12, Luca Morandini wrote:

>>> ...or maybe you refer to XPath 1.0 and Michal to XPath 2.0 ;)
>>
>> I already had that in mind and searched both XPath and XSLT 2.0 for
>> 'abs' and 'max', but did not found anything about those functions.
>
> Look no further than http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-abs
> (XQuery and XPath functions are now in a separate document).

What explains that I did not found them ... :)
Thanks.

Joerg

Re: Problem with 'abs' function in XSL Stylesheet in Cocoon2

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 25.06.2004 17:47, Michał wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use 'abs' function in my XSL Stylesheet to get absolute
>> value
>> of a number, but Cocoon2 says that this function doesn't exist. What's
>> more,
>> 'floor', 'ceiling' and 'round' are working fine but 'min' and 'max'
>> aren't,
>> just like 'abs'. These functions exist in the XSL specification, but
>> maybe
>> Cocoon just doesn't support them? Anyway, I'd really love to get this
>> absolute value :)
>
> You must have read another spec than me ;-) There are no such questions
> in XSL.

...or maybe you refer to XPath 1.0 and Michal to XPath 2.0 ;)

Anyway, Xalan 2.6.0 supports XPath 1.0 only, then "abs" is out of the
question in the default Cocoon configuration.

On the other hand, Michal may try using Saxon as the XSLT processor of
Cocoon, since Saxon *should* use XPath 2.0

Re: Problem with 'abs' function in XSL Stylesheet in Cocoon2

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.