Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Shirley Browning <sb...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/20 22:14:34 UTC

Restrict pop3 Account Access by IP

Hi there,

Is it possible to restrict an account's pop3 access via IP address.  Here's
the scenario:

1. JAMES is running on server abc, and has an account "testaccount"
2. I have a Java app that runs in JBoss on server xyz that watches
"testaccount" on JAMES abc, and consumes email that arrives in its inbox
3. I want to restrict access to that account such that ONLY server xyz can
get the data from the inbox.

Please let me know if you need more details or have any questions about the
above.

Much thanks!
Shirley