Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Goldstein <sd...@MailAndNews.com> on 2000/11/28 09:33:53 UTC

Running test servlets using Apache and Tomcat 3.1

I'm fairly new to using Tomcat and I've having problems running the servlets
in the ../webapps/test/WEB-INF directory.

I have the following in my tomcat-apache.conf file:

Alias /test /opt/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/opt/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

If I'm correct, this should allow me to run the servlets using a URL of the
form:

host:port/test/servlet/{class}

or, for a specific example

http://hostname/test/servlet/Counter

The above gives me a page not found error from Apache.

Also, when I try any of the servlet URI mappings in the
../test/WEB-INF/web.xml file, I get the same page not found error from Apache.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Note:  jsp files work correct (i.e. ../test/jsp/HelloWorld.jsp.)  Also, I have
put the Include line in the httpd.conf file.

"Just a mirror for the sun...
 My smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun."