Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sanjeev Rao <sr...@versant.com> on 2002/10/02 21:05:41 UTC

C/C++ ports of log4j

Hi,

I am new to log4j. I have read the "short" documentation about it. I think
log4j rocks, but I am interested in using log4j's C/C++ ports. Is this the
right place? Or do I subscribe to a different mailing list?

I am aware of log4c, log4cpp and log4cplus being the currently available
C/C++ ports. Are there any more? Are they used in production? My application
is mission critical and surprises in production are not regarded as
pleasant. :) I may be wrong, but I believe they are not as full-featured as
its Java counterpart. At the very least, I am interested in
RollingFileAppender and AsyncAppender functionality.

Any information about C/C++ ports will be helpful in my taking a decision
whether to use log4j's C/C++ ports or not.

Thanks a lot,
-Sanjeev