Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Cathy Labudak <cl...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/12 18:35:49 UTC

Unable to use new release

I have a macOS Big Sur Version 11.3.1.  I received an email from Open Office stating that there is a newer version-4.1.10.  I downloaded it and am unable to open it.  I get the message as follows:

“OpenOffice.app” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.  macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.  Firefox downloaded this file today at 11:19AM from sourceforge.net.

My choices are to move to trash or cancel.

I tried to get an older version back on my computer because the installing of new software removed my older working software.  I have no idea what version it is.

I really need to get open office back on line because all my files use it.l

Can you help me?

Regards
Cathy

Re: Unable to use new release

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
Cathy is not  member of this mailing list so I am including her in this
email.

Cathy: the following instructions will solve your problem.

Dan

Re: Unable to use new release

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

--