Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org> on 2021/11/17 15:51:21 UTC

[Operator] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr Operator v0.5.0 released

The Apache Solr PMC is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Solr
Operator v0.5.0.

The Apache Solr Operator is a safe and easy way of managing a Solr
ecosystem in Kubernetes.

This release contains numerous bug fixes, optimizations, and improvements,
some of which are highlighted below. The release is available for immediate
download at:

  <https://solr.apache.org/operator/artifacts.html>

*Solr Operator v0.5.0 Release Highlights:*

   - Support for Kubernetes v1.22+ (including the new Ingress APIs)
   - Support for cloud-native backups, and multiple backup repositories
   per-SolrCloud
      - GCS and S3 Backup Repositories are now fully supported (require
      Solr 8.9 and Solr 8.10 respectively)
   - SolrCloud Backup option has been removed from
   SolrCloud.spec.dataStorage.backupRestoreOptions, please use
   SolrCloud.spec.backupRepositories instead
      - When upgrading, the Solr Operator will automatically migrate the
      information to the new location
   - SolrBackup Persistence has been removed
      - Please keep the data in the shared volume, or use a cloud-native
      backup repository instead (e.g. GCS, S3)
      - Any persistence options provided will be removed and ignored
   - Introducing recurring/scheduled backup support in SolrBackup resource
   - Ability to bootstrap a custom Solr security.xml from a Secret
   - Fix for managed SolrCloud upgrades across multiple SolrCloud resources
   (with a shared zookeeper connection string)
   - Easy enablement of Solr Modules and additional libraries for SolrCloud
   - Pod Lifecycle is now customizable for SolrCloud and
   SolrPrometheusExporter
   - SolrCloud can now be run across availability zones with support for
   PodSpreadTopologyConstraints
   - Augment the available Pod customization options for provided Zookeeper
   Clusters
   - The Solr Operator now runs with liveness and readiness probes by
   default
   - The Solr Operator now provides a metrics endpoint, that is enabled by
   default when using the Solr Operator Helm chart
   - Leader election is now enabled for the Solr Operator by default, and
   supports multiple namespace watching

A summary of important changes is published in the documentation at:

  <https://apache.github.io/solr-operator/docs/upgrade-notes.html>

For the most exhaustive list, see the change log on ArtifactHub or view the
git history in the solr-operator repo.

  <
https://artifacthub.io/packages/helm/apache-solr/solr-operator?modal=changelog

  <https://github.com/apache/solr-operator/releases/tag/v0.5.0>

Re: [Operator] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr Operator v0.5.0 released

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Ciao,
Vincenzo