Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/01 22:53:15 UTC

Re: [RDF] Local Scope and BlankNode internalIdentifier (was: github Commons RDF vs. Apache Commons Sandbox RDF)

On 1 February 2015 at 07:45, Reto Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com> wrote:
> In the clerezza code and in the SVN commons proposal code along the
> following lines will works as expected.
>
> {a,b,c,d,e} is a set of 5 BlankNodes (i.e. we have 5 objects, no two of
> them are equals).
>
> g.add(a, RDF.type, EX.Sphere);
> g.add(b, RDF.type, EX.Sphere);
> g.add(c, RDF.type, EX.Sphere);
> g.add(d, RDF.type, EX.Sphere);
> g.add(e, RDF.type, EX.Sphere);
> //if we save the graph here the backend might just store one triple

Hi Reto,

Sorry I don't have time to reply fully, but I repeat what I said
earlier that it is most unusual for any RDF database to just store one
triple in that case. In the context of Java, if you create 5 BlankNode
objects and add them to the database as part of Triples, then the
database should store 5 BlankNodes references and internally make sure
that they are distinct.

Do you have examples of other RDF database systems that operate
according to the Clerezza principle?

Cheers,

Peter