Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hillman, Allen F III" <hi...@telcordia.com> on 2005/10/26 16:48:02 UTC

Maven2 - J2EE build help

All,

I am in the process of migrating an ant script over to Maven2.

The ant script is highly complex being able to build for the following
platforms:
Weblogic 6.1, 7.0, or 8.1
Websphere 5.0
JBoss 3.0

I have managed to get past compiling platform specific code by
specifying dependencies based upon command line parameters being passed
in.
e.g. -Dj2ee.vendor=bea -Dj2ee.product=weblogic
-Dj2ee.product.version=8.1

My questions at this point in the migration is, how do I specify an ejb
compiler, each platform has their own?

How do I specify a particular deployment descriptor?

Is there anything published online to explain how to do a complete J2EE
deployment using maven2? I have seen the one for Maven.

Thanks,

Allen