Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Álvaro Del Castillo <ad...@ThingsO2.com> on 2019/12/16 06:16:53 UTC

About PR process

Mornign guys,

As I am trying to start contributing to PLC4x and I have read the info
related to contributing code to the project. The most complete guide is
at:

https://plc4x.apache.org/developers/contributing.html

My first contribution is related to an already open issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PLC4X/issues/PLC4X-45

I have created a fork of PLC4x repository, create a branch in my own
fork, fix the issue (code+tests) and then, from this branch, I have
created the PR:

https://github.com/apache/plc4x/pull/109

But right now, I am not sure what the next steps are. Just waiting
until some reviewer comment the PR, then I fix any issues, and then the
reviewer merge the PR? Should I ask in this mailing list for a
reviewer? In slack channel?

I have analyzed the last 15 PRs and the average review time is around
4d. Mine is just 4d old, so it is in the normal process. But as a
newcomer, I want just to check everything.

Cheers and happy week.

-- Alvaro

Re: About PR process

Posted by Álvaro Del Castillo <ad...@ThingsO2.com>.
Hi Julien,

On Mon, 2019-12-16 at 07:55 +0000, Julian Feinauer wrote:
> Dont get me wrong, your point is right and we have tob e better with
> that.

Ups, I am sorry if you have understood that I was telling that you were
not getting the point about improving newcomer processes. You are doing
a great job with that and it is totally normal that there are some
edges that need to be polished.

In my little experience with PLC4x I have found that you are willing to
grow and to have new contributors.

> @cdutz@apache.org and also others: we should improbe the Contributing
> section to make it easier for newcomers : )

I could help with that now that I am following the process.

Cheers!

Re: About PR process

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Re: About PR process