Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron Ingram <CI...@pscufs.com> on 2004/03/31 16:37:08 UTC

Help with Tiff Images

Hi

I am trying to include a tiff image into a PDF. Unfortunately I don't
know much about the image other then it's black and white and a Type
4(what ever that means)..
When I try to include it into my PDF file I am getting

Reverting to TIFF image handling through JAI: Error while loading image
http://localhost:8080/generatepdf/genpdf?file=00002.TIF : class
org.apache.fop.image.TiffImage - length mismatch on read

What does this error mean??

If any one could provide some help, it would definatly be appreciated.

Thanks! Cameron Ingram

This e-mail is intended for the addressee shown.
It contains information that is confidential and
protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination
or use of this transmission or its contents by persons
or unauthorized employees of the intended organizations
is strictly prohibited.

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent
the views or policies of PSCU Financial Services.

Re: Help with Tiff Images

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Cameron Ingram wrote:

<snip/>

> Reverting to TIFF image handling through JAI: Error while loading image
> http://localhost:8080/generatepdf/genpdf?file=00002.TIF : class
> org.apache.fop.image.TiffImage - length mismatch on read
>
> What does this error mean??
>
> If any one could provide some help, it would definatly be appreciated.

Have you read the following page on Fop's website?

http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html#tiff

sounds like your Tiff doesnt meet with the requirements stated.

Chris