Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/21 01:10:30 UTC

Secure socket layer (SSL) connection problem

Hi All,

I am encounting a problem with setting up secure
socket layer connecttion between my TOMCAT web server
and my web service client (using AXIS 1.2 bit not a
browser client). My situation is this, in my web
service client, I need to tell the full client
keystore path to the application. And basically, I
have NO problem configuring the TOMCAT server to
accept https connection (through generating
keystore/cert et cetera), and in the client side, I
also have NO problem configuring it to have an HTTPS
connection with the server (through port 8443).

Now if I give an INCORRECT client keystore path to the
application, I got an error saying something like "no
trusted certificate found", which is expected.
However, the problem occurs that if I subsequently
give the CORRECT keystore path, I still get the same
error. I had to stop my job server services (a
component of my application) and then the HTTPS
connection will work.

Similarly, if the first time I give the correct client
keystore path, the https connection works, and if
subsequently I give an INCORRECT keystore path, it
still works. Seems like the web server always
remembers the keystore the first it is given.

I debugged my client code and seems like every time
when the client makes a call, it is CORRECTly giving
the current keystore path.

Any ideas what could be the cause for this? Thanks
much in advance.

Frank

Re: Secure socket layer (SSL) connection problem

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Frank

In Axis 2 the only way I could figure is to stop and start the Servlet (axisServlet) with updates to the servlet in between as in so the servlet picking up
new configuration

        try {
            MessageContext mc = new MessageContext();
            mc.getConfigurationContext().getListenerManager().stop();
//make the changes to AxisServlet SSL Listener
            mc.getConfigurationContext().getListenerManager().start();
        } catch (AxisFault axisFault) {
            log.info(axisFault.getMessage());
        }

in Axis 1.3 there is ClientSigningHandler.java which demonstrates how to construct a SignedEnvelope based on 4 parameters
        try {
            MessageContext msgContext = new MessageContext();
            SignedSOAPEnvelope signedEnvelope = new SignedSOAPEnvelope(msgContext, msgContext.getRequestMessage().getSOAPEnvelop(), "http://xml-security", getOption("keystore") );

            requestMessage = new Message(signedEnvelope);
            msgContext.setCurrentMessage(msgContext.getRequestMessage());
        } catch (AxisFault axisFault)
        {
            log.info(axisFault.getMessage());
        }

Anyone else?
M-
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.