Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 12:03:32 UTC

QueueSize attribute

Hi,

This question is regarding the QueueSize attribute of a queue in a
persistent broker.

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.0 snapshot version. I have a broker called broker1
queue called test.queue. The broker has persistence enabled and it is using
the default AMQ storage adapter. I sent some messages to this queue using
the web console. I checked the 'Persistent Delivery' checkbox on the form
for sending the message. There are no consumers for this message. So the
message stays in the queue. The web console shows the "Number of Pending
Messages" as 1.

I bounce back the broker and then refresh my web console. Now the "Number of
Pending Messages" column shows zero. But when I browse the queue, the
message is listed. The JMX console also shows the QueueSize of the
'test.queue' as zero even though there is a message in the queue.

Can someone help me to figure out how the QueueCount attribute works and
whether this is expected behavior or a bug?

Thanks,
Viswanath

Re: QueueSize attribute

Posted by Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com>.
I filed a bug report for the same.

This is my first bug report ever in JIRA!! Please let me know if there is
anything I missed or if there are any guidelines that I didn't follow.

Thanks,
Viswanath

Re: QueueSize attribute

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like a bug - the counter should be reset on restart once
the queue is being used again.

On 03/12/2007, Viswanath Durbha <Vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This question is regarding the QueueSize attribute of a queue in a
> persistent broker.
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ 5.0 snapshot version. I have a broker called broker1
> queue called test.queue. The broker has persistence enabled and it is using
> the default AMQ storage adapter. I sent some messages to this queue using
> the web console. I checked the 'Persistent Delivery' checkbox on the form
> for sending the message. There are no consumers for this message. So the
> message stays in the queue. The web console shows the "Number of Pending
> Messages" as 1.
>
> I bounce back the broker and then refresh my web console. Now the "Number of
> Pending Messages" column shows zero. But when I browse the queue, the
> message is listed. The JMX console also shows the QueueSize of the
> 'test.queue' as zero even though there is a message in the queue.
>
> Can someone help me to figure out how the QueueCount attribute works and
> whether this is expected behavior or a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Viswanath

James
-------