Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net> on 2008/04/16 10:42:02 UTC

[Trinidad] inputText and partialSubmit

Hi,

I'm trying to get PPR work with an inputText component as follow:

partialSubmit="true" autoSubmit="true"
valueChangeListener="#{backingBean.idHasChanged}" immediate="true" />
partialTriggers="testId">
	<f:selectItems value="#{someItems}" />

Unfortunatelly, the whole page gets refreshed. I tried lots of combinations
w/wo partialSubmit, autoSubmit, valueChangeListener, but couldn't get it
partially rendered.

If I just use partialSubmit and no autoSubmit (as I saw in many examples),
nothing happends, even if a valueChangeListener is assigned.

I also tried a tr:subform.

How can I get a selectOneChoise partially rendered depending on an
inputText?

I'm using Trinidad 1.2.7.

--
Kind regards,
Mathias

Re: [Trinidad] inputText and partialSubmit

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked that it is not PPRing correctly and that a navigation
rule is somehow being run? I know it may be a stretch, but maybe worth
asking.

You aren't hitting enter in the field to submit it are you?

-Andrew

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  > >  > Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
>  > >  > request scope ?
>  > >
>  > >  No, it is in session scope.
>  >
>  > not the best, but ok :-)
>
>  I've no idea how to implement special parts of my backing been (i.e.
>  currently edited row in an inline editable table) without session scope.
>  pageFlowScope does not work correctly (a bug which a still have to report)

please file a bug.

>  and Orchestra has the Spring dependency (to much overload for the moment).

true

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] inputText and partialSubmit

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
t:saveState?

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
>  > Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
>  > request scope ?
>
>  No, it is in session scope.

not the best, but ok :-)

>  > (I added it to one of my tests and my bean is not in request scope,
>  > mine is in Orchestra's *access* scope)
>
>  I've rechecked it with Firefox and it works as expected. But with IE6 the
>  whole top part of the page is flickering. That does not happen with other
>  partialSubmits on the same page. Is there a way to see the PPR traffic with
>  IE like FireBug shows?

I have only IE8 / IE7-emulator on my box, but I'll check tomorrow
again and let you know.
But as of debugging and IE... the tooling is really.... well.... bad....

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> Have you tried firebuglite? It may show the AJAX traffic. It requires
> an extra JS file, but it may be good as a temporary tool:

Firebug Lite does not show any HTTP traffic. But I tried the WebDev Helper
(http://projects.nikhilk.net/WebDevHelper) and could see the PPR response.
So it's just a redrawing issue of IE.

--
Many thanks,
Mathias

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Don't know, I have to punt

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Mathias Walter
> <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I'm trying to get PPR work with an inputText component as follow:

> >  partialSubmit="true" autoSubmit="true"
> >  valueChangeListener="#{backingBean.idHasChanged}"
> immediate="true" />
> binding="#{choise}"
> >  partialTriggers="testId">
> >         <f:selectItems value="#{someItems}" />
> >
> >  Unfortunatelly, the whole page gets refreshed. I tried
> lots of combinations
>
> Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
> request scope ?

No, it is in session scope.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to get PPR work with an inputText component as follow:

>  partialSubmit="true" autoSubmit="true"
>  valueChangeListener="#{backingBean.idHasChanged}" immediate="true" />
>  partialTriggers="testId">
>         <f:selectItems value="#{someItems}" />
>
>  Unfortunatelly, the whole page gets refreshed. I tried lots of combinations

Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in request scope ?
(I added it to one of my tests and my bean is not in request scope,
mine is in Orchestra's *access* scope)

Note that in request scope mine is only updated the first time, but I
never see the "full refresh", it is
using ajax (ppr).

>  w/wo partialSubmit, autoSubmit, valueChangeListener, but couldn't get it
>  partially rendered.
>
>  If I just use partialSubmit and no autoSubmit (as I saw in many examples),

partialSubmit is only available on ActionSource components (like commandButton).
EditableValueHolders (like inputText) do have only autoSubmit property.