Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcos Oliva <MO...@SeeBeyond.com> on 2003/05/08 21:00:05 UTC

RE:Has anybody used JasperReports

Hello Has anybody used JasperReports on their Struts apps ?

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

any comments ?

or any other open source Java report tool

thanks

Re: Has anybody used JasperReports

Posted by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com>.
I haven't used it with Struts, but it's a good tool for the price.  The
available GUI tools for editing reports are all rough around the edges
(IReport worked the best for me, but it still had problems), but the
actual display and usage in your code is relatively simple.  And the XML
format of the report is actually readable, such that hand-editing a
report is not unreasonable.  However, don't expect to be able to hand
this tool off to marketing and expect them to be able to pick it up
easily.  If you need that, you might try Report Mill (not free).

K.C.

OT: Re: Has anybody used JasperReports

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vc...@baseBeans.com>.
I have and I have used other very expensive reporting frameworks.

I found open source Jasper and iReport.sf.net (GUI for Japser) much much
better than commercial reporting, and now I host jasper mail list at
news.basebeans.com.
.V

--
Vic Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor,

Advanced <a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Training</a> and project recovery in North East.
Open Source <a href ="baseBeans.com">Content Management</a>  basic
Portal sofware
Best practice<a href ="baseBeans.com">Supported Struts v.1.1</a>
framework ScafflodingXPress

RE: date format for validation.xml

Posted by Stephen Bartlett <sb...@agentissoftware.com>.
Try the following:

<field property="dateOfBirth" depends="date">
	<arg0 key="customer.dataOfBirth"/>
	<var>
		<var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
		<var-value>MM/yy</var-value>
	</var>
</field>

May cause problem if you have a requirement for internationalization.

HTH
steve.

Posted by Steven Sajous <st...@dotmarketing.com>.