Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Münster <pm...@deltadore.com> on 2006/07/24 16:44:43 UTC

pre-commit hook failed, but exit code is 0

Hello,
my pre-commit hook reads:

#!/bin/bash
exit 0

And it's executable.

But every commit fails with the message:
svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:

There is not much more in the log-file.

I'm using svn-1.3.2 with WebDAV.

Could someone please explain, what is happening here?

TIA for any hints!
Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact-DD/

Re: pre-commit hook failed, but exit code is 0

Posted by Peter Münster <pm...@deltadore.com>.
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Peter Münster wrote:
>
> > It seems, that the apache server was just in a funny state. Restarting it,
> > solved the problem! Now, I can no longer reproduce it...
>
> Today, it happened again: using https://.... from everywhere fails
> (independent on client, independent on host). file:///... works.
> After a "rcapache2 reload" the problem disappeared.
> Now I load the php-module after the svn-modules as proposed by Chris, in
> the hope, that this problem won't happen again.

Too bad: today it happened again, even with php-module loaded at the end.

Should I fill in a bug report in the issue-tracker?

Cheers, Peter

Posted by Peter Münster <pm...@deltadore.com>.

Posted by Peter Münster <pm...@deltadore.com>.
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Peter Münster wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> > You are serving the repository with Apache, yes?
> Yes.
>
> > Which version?
> 2.2.0

Hello,

just for the record:
the problem has gone away after an upgrade to 2.2.4

Greetings, Peter

Posted by Peter Münster <pm...@deltadore.com>.
It seems, that the apache server was just in a funny state. Restarting it,
solved the problem! Now, I can no longer reproduce it...

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> You are serving the repository with Apache, yes?
Yes.

> Which version?
2.2.0

> Which OS is the server running?
Linux-2.6.17.3 (SuSE-10.1)

> Do different clients on different machines all behave this
> way when accessing this repository?
Yes.

> Can they access different repositories on other servers?
Not tested.

> What about on the same server?
Not tested.

> Can you try accessing the repository with a different protocol, like
> file:/// to see if that works?
Not tested.

> Is this a brand new repository which has never worked, or did it work
> before and now it doesn't?
It's an old repository, but it was the first time, I tried to install a
pre-commit hook.

Cheers and thanks for your efforts!
Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact-DD/

Re: pre-commit hook failed, but exit code is 0

Posted by c....@schrack-seconet.com.
Hi Peter,

I had a similar problem and solved it moving the php4 module to the end of
the list of modules loaded by the apache2 server.
I have no idea why the php module would interfere with dav_svn, but it
sure did.

hth,
Chris

Re: pre-commit hook failed, but exit code is 0

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 24, 2006, at 18:44, Peter Münster wrote:

> my pre-commit hook reads:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> exit 0
>
> And it's executable.
>
> But every commit fails with the message:
> svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
>
> There is not much more in the log-file.
>
> I'm using svn-1.3.2 with WebDAV.
>
> Could someone please explain, what is happening here?

Unable to explain! I can't think of any way for that to happen.

You are serving the repository with Apache, yes? Which version? Which
OS is the server running? Do different clients on different machines
all behave this way when accessing this repository? Can they access
different repositories on other servers? What about on the same
server? Can you try accessing the repository with a different
protocol, like file:/// to see if that works? Is this a brand new
repository which has never worked, or did it work before and now it
doesn't? If the latter, what changed? Have you set up successful
repositories before and just this one doesn't work, or is this the
first you've tried to set up?