Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by geirgp <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 15:35:02 UTC

Dynamic tabs in panelTabbedPane

Hi,

Is it possible for the panelTabbedPane to iterate over a java.util.List and
create one tab for each entry in the list?

I tried enclosing the panelTabs in a dataList (see below) but then no tabs
were created and all information from all objects in the list were printed
on the same panel.

<t:panelTabbedPane serverSideTabSwitch="false"
	<t:dataList var="segment" value="#{queryBean.result.segments}">
		<h:column>
			<t:panelTab label="#{segment.name}" >
				<h:outputText value="#{segment.name}"></h:outputText>
			</t:panelTab>
		</h:column>
	</t:dataList>
</t:panelTabbedPane>

Re: Dynamic tabs in panelTabbedPane

Posted by geirgp <ge...@gmail.com>.
I see,

That is an option I considered but I don't like it because it makes the page
more difficult to maintain. Is it possible to do this and create a sort of
jsp:include from the java code? that way the backing bean will control the
dynamic tabs yet the content of the tabs will be rendered by a jsp?

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.

--
Shane