Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Phillip Ring <Ph...@hitcents.com> on 2007/08/20 22:19:15 UTC

Line numbers in release mode

I am using log4net to log exceptions, and I thought I saw a way for log4net
to get the line number of the exception even if the program was compiled in
release mode.  I know how to get the line number of call to logger.Error(),
etc. using patterns, but I want a way to get the line number of the
exception without it being in debug mode.

Phillip Ring
Software Developer
Hitcents.com

Re: Line numbers in release mode

Posted by Peter Drier <pe...@gmail.com>.
The PDB is what has the line number information in the first place..
Without it, there's no line number information for l4n to use..

-Peter