Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/08/14 00:23:58 UTC

VOTE: the rules project

OK, now that the rc1 is out, I've been fiddling around with
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RulesProjectPlan to reflect what I
think is the current state of play.

Based on email from the last few weeks, I think we're all pretty happy
with the sandboxes idea as described on
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RulesProjSandboxes .  It's also the
first step on the way to all the other listed ideas. Given that, I've come
up with a task list to get us there.   So can we get votes, both for the
plan, and for the tasks?  Here they are:

- PMC: vote to approve the sandboxes project

    [ ] Approve
    [ ] Disapprove

- reorganise the rules directory into core/ , sandbox/, and extra/; link
  that rules project SVN repository to 3.2.0's 'rules' dir; use SVN
  externals to do this.

    [ ] Approve
    [ ] Disapprove

- write scripts to test, filter, and pull rules from sandboxes
  automatically into core/ production ruleset

    [ ] Approve
    [ ] Disapprove

- move current ruleset into a new "legacy" sandbox

    [ ] Approve
    [ ] Disapprove

- start using the above scripts to generate core/ ruleset in svn

    [ ] Approve
    [ ] Disapprove

--j.

Re: VOTE: the rules project

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason) writes:

> - PMC: vote to approve the sandboxes project
>
>     [X] Approve
>     [ ] Disapprove
>
> - reorganise the rules directory into core/ , sandbox/, and extra/; link
>   that rules project SVN repository to 3.2.0's 'rules' dir; use SVN
>   externals to do this.
>
>     [X] Approve
>     [ ] Disapprove
>
> - write scripts to test, filter, and pull rules from sandboxes
>   automatically into core/ production ruleset
>
>     [ ] Approve
>     [ ] Disapprove

+0

I'd like more details.

> - move current ruleset into a new "legacy" sandbox
>
>     [ ] Approve
>     [X] Disapprove

-1

I think the current ruleset should be placed into "core".

> - start using the above scripts to generate core/ ruleset in svn
>
>     [ ] Approve
>     [ ] Disapprove

+0

more details needed...

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

Re: VOTE: the rules project

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 03:23:58PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> Based on email from the last few weeks, I think we're all pretty happy
> with the sandboxes idea as described on
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RulesProjSandboxes .  It's also the
> first step on the way to all the other listed ideas. Given that, I've come
> up with a task list to get us there.   So can we get votes, both for the
> plan, and for the tasks?  Here they are:

I'm not sure the tasks really need to be voted on, I mean, would it
make sense if we approved all but number 3? :-)

> - PMC: vote to approve the sandboxes project
> - reorganise the rules directory into core/ , sandbox/, and extra/; link
>   that rules project SVN repository to 3.2.0's 'rules' dir; use SVN
>   externals to do this.
> - write scripts to test, filter, and pull rules from sandboxes
>   automatically into core/ production ruleset
> - move current ruleset into a new "legacy" sandbox
> - start using the above scripts to generate core/ ruleset in svn

+5

i.e. +1 for each of the above.

--
Duncan Findlay