Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 09:26:44 UTC

Locked column in DataGrid on iPad

Hi there,
I have a requirement to lock the first column on a datagrid.I was using
MobileGrid, but it doesnt have that option and hence I used spark DataGrid,
which has the option. But for some reason, it doesn't seem to work on iPad.
Is there a work around for it to make it work on iPad? From no where, this
has become a critical requirement ;(

Re: Locked column in DataGrid on iPad

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Fred. That helped me in finding actual issue.

I was dynamically creating the columns and earlier I had tried to directly
set the lockcedColumnCount in mxml.

<s:DataGrid id="dgSpread" interactionMode="touch" width="100%"
height="100%" dataProvider="{model.pdSpreadAC}"
columns="{model.pdSpreadColumns}" rowHeight="40"
                    cacheAsBitmap="true" lockedColumnCount="1"/>

For some reason the above code wasn't giving me any lockedcolumns.

Then I tried to set the lockcedcolumns only after datagrid's columns were
ready:

<s:DataGrid id="dgSpread" interactionMode="touch" width="100%"
height="100%" dataProvider="{model.pdSpreadAC}"
columns="{model.pdSpreadColumns}" rowHeight="40"
                    cacheAsBitmap="true"
lockedColumnCount="{model.pdLockedColCount}"/>

I set the value of  model.pdLockedColCount only after I filled up
model.pdSpreadColumns array. Then it works fine.

Thanks again.

Posted by Fred Brunton <fb...@lumina.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fred,