Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by rong <ry...@cs.umbc.edu> on 2000/04/11 00:22:13 UTC

path in Tomcat3.1

Hi,

After reading some discussions about changing class path in tomcat3.1, i
am still confused about how to do it.

Here is what i have, i have created a directory "test" at directory
"ROOT", so i have

 ~/tomcat-3.1m1/webapps/ROOT/test

then i copied Hello.java and Hello.class to this directory. Then in ROOT
directory, i wrote a helloform.html like the following:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Introductions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="/test/Hello">
If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?
<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="name"><P>
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT>
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

But i got a error message when i tried to access Hello.class through this
html file:

File Not Found
/test/Hello

I tried to modify ~/tomcat-3.1m1/conf/web.xml, but i still couldn't figure
out how to do it. I would really appriciate if any one can help me.

Another question is: if i want to access a servlet file that is located in
another directory, say ~/foo/Hello.class. What should i do then?

Thank you in advance.

Rong