Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2022/06/11 02:20:26 UTC

[tools] Using VelocityViewServlet with custom Properties

All,

I happen to be using tools-2.0 but it doesn't look like the code has
changed much up through today.

I have a subclass of VelocvityViewServlet I've been using for years that
further customizes things for my environment. I'd now like to be able to
provide a custom set of Ptoperties during startup instead of loading
those properties from an external file. Is that possible?

I'm talking about basic velocity engine config, like resource loaders,
directive configuration, etc.

Tracing through the code, it looks like getVelocityView basically
delegates everything to ServletUtils which isn't overridable due to the
way it's been written. I could override getVelocityView but then I'd
probably end up replicating a great deal of VelocityView or ServletUtils.

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks,
-chris