Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Ali, Haneef" <ha...@hp.com> on 2005/04/27 20:43:31 UTC

Type and instance

Hi,

Consider the following schema ( this is from ws-addressing)

	<compleType name="EndpointRefernceType">
	</complexType>

	<element name="EndpointReference" type="EndpointReferenceType"
/>

A) I do have compiled xmlbeans2.0 stubs for the above schema.
B) Assume user creates the following  xml fragment

	<?xml  version="1.0" ?>
	<MyEndpointReference xsi:type="EndpointRefernceType">
	</MyEndpointReference>

Is it possible for me to parse this fragment? I don't have stubs for
"MyEndpointReference". I do have stubs for its type. Using it I'm able
to parse , but I'm not able to get any value, since all the values are
null.

Questions:
	1) Any idea how can I parse and get the contents?  I don't want
to use XmlCurosr, as I will loose the type information.
	2) What is the use of  EndPointReferneceType.Factory.parse(),
Only if parsed using the corresponding document, class I''m getting
proper values.
	3) Is there an alternate way to handle type/instance with
xmlbeans. I don't want to create stubs ( I can't create stubs) for
instance, but can create stubs for type.

Regards,
Haneef