Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com> on 2006/04/16 21:30:35 UTC

ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Hi All,

I am trying to setup an example using Spring and ActiveMQ and the
org.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory as suggested here
http://www.activemq.org/Spring+Support but I get a NoClassDefFound error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/activemq/pool/SessionPool
	at
org.activemq.pool.PooledConnection.createSession(PooledConnection.java:135)
	at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.createSession(JmsTemplate.java:771)
	at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:424)
	at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:486)
	at
org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.convertAndSend(JmsTemplate.java:587)

My understanding was that the activemq-core-3.2.2.jar contained all the
resources needed? Am I missing a jar file?

Thanks,
Serge

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.
I just tested the same thing using ActiveMQ 4.0-RC2 and I get the same error!
I of course do have activemq-4.0-RC2.jar in my classpath.

I am also trying with the exact example given on the Spring Support page and
still getting this error. sighh...

Thanks,
Serge

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.
Hi,

Thanks, as mentioned in my previous email it is...

Serge

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by Rodrigo S de Castro <ro...@terra.com.br>.
Make sure you have activemq-3.2.2.jar or activemq-core-3.2.2.jar in your
classpath. This class is in these jar files and are supposed to be found.

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. Incidentally there is a reasonable overview of the things
which have changed in 4.x which is recommended reading for folks
upgrading to the Apache ActiveMQ

http://activemq.org/Changes+in+4.0

--

James
-------

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
The package names of the activemq classes have changed in ActiveMQ 4.
Since we are now at apache, the package names start with
org.apache.activemq.

All this stuff is still not documented too well.  I'm hoping
volunteers from the community will step up and get the wiki
documentation site in better shape.

On 4/17/06, ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> No, I do have geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar in the classpath.
>
> Thanks,
> Serge

Hiram

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
ssozonoff wrote:
> Basically using the non pooled connection factory ActiveMQConnectionFactory
> works fine. Wrapping it in PooledConnectionFactory does not work! Time to
> check the bug list. This seems to be the case with both 3.2.2 and 4.0 RC2.

Are you missing the jms spec jars from geronimo, or some other required
jar(s)?

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.

Re: ActiveMQ 3.2.2 and Spring

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.
Digging around a bit more this error is not really a ClassDefNotFound.... It
seems to be coming from something else but since I am getting very little
detail even in debug mode I am going to have to keep digging.... I have been
testing with both version 3 and 4 and neither work. As far as I can tell a
connection does get established though.