Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dan Olsen <da...@utah.gov> on 2008/03/18 21:19:29 UTC

portal.xml options

I am looking for a place where I can see a list of all the options I can put in my portlet.xml file. One thing I am trying to do is set the default windows state to maximized or minimized. I also want to be able to not allow a user to maximize or minimize a portlet.

- Dan

Re: portal.xml options

Posted by Andrew Strickland <st...@gmail.com>.
Portlet.xml window state is the list of supported custom window states
defined and implemented by the Portal, not the actual state of the window
state.  My first thought would be to try programmatically setting the window
state in your portlet's init method.  But looking at the PortletConfig class
you won't have access to the ActionResponse or RenderResponse in order to
call setWindowState(WindowState s).

My second thought was to define it in the portlet <fragment> tag in your
PSML (assuming you're using Jetspeed here, and this would tie you to the
Jetspeed implementation of default window state)...but from looking at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html#Layout_Fragmentsit
looks like the "state" property of the <fragment> tag is not the same
thing as portlet window state.  So, I'm at a loss here myself.

Andy

Re: portal.xml options

Posted by Dan Olsen <da...@utah.gov>.

Re: portal.xml options

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>.
another tip: attach the portal XML schema to portlet.xml :

<portlet-app
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"
  version="1.0">

and then use an XML editor which supports schemas, so you get XML
validation, autocomplete of required elements, suggestions,
documentation (!), etc. I use a commercial plugin for Eclipse, but
perhaps there are free alternatives as well.

Dennis

Re: portal.xml options

Posted by Andrew Strickland <st...@gmail.com>.