Posted to announce@apache.org by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> on 2021/10/25 16:31:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 3.0.0 released

On behalf of the Apache Bigtop team, I'd love to announce the general
availability of the Bigtop 3.0.0 release.

The release is available here:
  https://bigtop.apache.org/download.html#releases

A few highlights of this release include:

  * Major components such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark are finally upgraded to 3.x.
  * Other components are also upgraded so that they are compatible
with the above ones and users can enjoy their enhancement.
  * Fedora 33 and Ubuntu 20.04 are newly added as the supported distros.
  * In addition to x86_64 and aarch64, ppc64le is also supported,
which was not in Bigtop 1.5.0.

With Bigtop 3.0.0 the community continues to deliver the most advanced
big data stack to date. More details about 3.0.0 release are here:
  https://bigtop.apache.org/release-notes.html

Deploying Bigtop is easy: grab the repo/list file for your favorite
Linux distribution:
  https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/bigtop/bigtop-3.0.0/repos/
and you'll be running your very own bigdata cluster in no time!

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:
  https://bigtop.apache.org

Lastly, I want to emphasize that this is a collaborative work done by
project contributors and other communities,
who continue to devote time to make Bigtop a better software. Thank
you all for making this release possible!

Regards,
Kengo Seki, Bigtop 3.0.0 Release Manager

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 3.0.0 released

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 01:31:44 +0900
Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org> wrote:
> On behalf of the Apache Bigtop team, I'd love to announce the general
> availability of the Bigtop 3.0.0 release.
>
> The release is available here:
>   https://bigtop.apache.org/download.html#releases
> [...]

I couldn't found any information on the Website so I'm curious: is
Bigtop related to Arrow? Is there a reason you posted this announcement
to the Arrow ML?

Regards

Antoine.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.