Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcia Perry <mp...@lbl.gov> on 2001/09/12 04:11:08 UTC

building tomcat v3.2.3

Hi,

I'm trying to build tomcat v3.2.3 from source (on Solaris 2.7) and I'm
following the README that comes w/ the src distribution.  I got stuck on
the "ant" directives.  The README says that after running bootstrap.sh for
the ant src, I'll get an ant.jar file which I'll use later to build Tomcat.
The jakarta website has the source for ant v1.4 and so I got and built that.
I have a crimson.jar and a jaxp.jar, but no ant.jar.  The 'ant' build output
was successful.  So can I go ahead and build Tomcat w/ crimson.jar and jaxp.jar
and no ant.jar??  Or does anyone know where I can get the ant v1.2 src?

Thanks,
marcia

Marcia Perry                            MPerry@lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory   WORK#  (510) 486-6786
1 Cyclotron Road                        FAX#   (510) 486-6363
Berkeley, CA 94720     			MS: 50A-3111