Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/05 00:01:27 UTC

VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

This is a vote, open to all committers, to create a beta release of
Tapestry 5.4.

This represents the point at which new functionality should no longer be
added and, instead, the emphasis should be on bug fixing and documentation.

Vote to run for three days.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Taha Hafeez: +1 (non-binding)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is a vote, open to all committers, to create a beta release of
> Tapestry 5.4.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)

Absolutely

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Ulrich Stärk: +1 (binding)

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Apache Tapestry PMC / http://chesstu.be owner

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (binding)

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to look at the "git flow" approach to managing these things.
>
> http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
> https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

I'm using gitflow for more than a year now and it is quite good indeed. If
you're planning to push any of the feature branch you'll create we should
start using it and us a name prefix for each committer.
If you want to use it but not push anything other then master ... I see no
drawbacks.

BTW I'm +1 for it.

Cheers
--
Massimo Lusetti

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> Of course, if someone is planning to do something which isn't new
> functionality, just hold it a little. Git is quite good at keeping branches
> for this (or even the stash feature).

I'm starting to look at the "git flow" approach to managing these things.

https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

> On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 07:44:29 -0200, Emmanuel DEMEY <
> demey.emmanuel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  +1 (non-binding)
>>

>> 2013/12/5 Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>
>>
>>  +1 (non-binding)

>>> that)

>>> be
>>> documentation.

> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br
> Help me spend a whole month working on Tapestry bug fixes and
> improvements: http://igg.me/at/t5month

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Bob Harner: +1 (non-binding)

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

2013/12/5 Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>

> +1 (non-binding)
>

> On Dec 4, 2013, at 12/45:30 PM , Kalle Korhonen <
> kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Kalle Korhonen: +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > (It's a vote whether to create a tag to vote on - sure, I'll vote for
> that)
> >

> > On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> This is a vote, open to all committers, to create a beta release of
> >> Tapestry 5.4.
> >>
> >> This represents the point at which new functionality should no longer be
> >> added and, instead, the emphasis should be on bug fixing and
> documentation.
> >>
> >> Vote to run for three days.
> >>
> >> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> >>
> >> Creator of Apache Tapestry
> >>
> >> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
> >> learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
> >>
> >> (971) 678-5210
> >> http://howardlewisship.com

Emmanuel DEMEY
Ingénieur Etude et Développement
Worldline, an atos company
+33 (0)6 47 47 42 02
demey.emmanuel@gmail.com

Twitter : @EmmanuelDemey

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: VOTE: Tapestry 5.4-beta-1

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.
François Facon: +1 (non binding)

About new functionality:

I would like to add Tapestry-CDI https://github.com/got5/tapestry-cdi in
the beta branch.

We have already test the integration sur le trunk.
and everythings seems to be ok.

We will of course provide support for this module.

As there is no impact on other module,
could we make a exception for this module?

Regards
François