Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr> on 2005/05/12 22:56:11 UTC

developing m1 and m2 plugins relying on m2 api

hi-

i'd like to know if it would be possible to upload m2 libraries to an
m1-friendly repository. should i create a jira entry for this ?

i'll try  to explain my needs in case i took the wrong approach: i'm
writing a plugin which i'd like to be both m1 and m2 compliant. so i
have three modules : core, m1 and m2, core relies on m2 api (f.i.
MavenProject) and m1 provides taglib which  converts relevant parts into
m2 compatible objects which are then passed to core entities. now the
issue is that i cannot build the m1 plugin w/o explicitly installing m2
libs into the m1 repo. any idea,  suggestion, best practice ?

on the same topic, is there a tool to convert a m1 Project instance into
an (eventually incomplete) m2 MavenProject instance ?

thanks !

-- gd

Re: developing m1 and m2 plugins relying on m2 api

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
Brett,

thanks for your reply.  if m2 can generate the m1 plugin for me, then
there's no point anymore to code it :) sadly i ve begun with core and m1
part. anyway i think this removes the need for repo synchronization at
the moment.

regards,

-- gd

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.