Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2004/10/13 00:57:54 UTC

Using Validator and Validation Delegate to high light fields

I'm using IValidationDelegate to render special css classes onto my required
fields with the following code:

    public void writeAttributes(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle,
            IFormComponent component, IValidator validator) {
        if (isInError(component)) {
            writer.attribute("class", "field-error");
        }
        else if (validator != null && validator.isRequired()) {
            writer.attribute("class", "field-required");
        }
    }

What I really would like to do is do something like the following:

    public void writeAttributes(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle,
            IFormComponent component, IValidator validator) {
        if (isInError(component)) {
            writer.attribute("class", "field-error");
        }
        else if (validator != null && validator.isRequired() && /* the
component value is blank */) {
            writer.attribute("class", "field-required-blank");
        }
        else if (validator != null && validator.isRequired()) {
            writer.attribute("class", "field-required");
        }
    }

Any clues where to start?

Re: Using Validator and Validation Delegate to high light fields

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
This is a bit ugly, but how about:

if (validator != null && validator.isRequired()
    && component instanceof AbstractTextField
    && ((AbstractTextField)component).readValue() == null)