Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/14 22:41:25 UTC

Next up: ASF incubating source releases!

Hi, team.

You may have noticed that INFRA have moved the following repos

zipkin-layout-factory
zipkin-api
b3-propagation
zipkin

(zipkin-reporter-java had an access glitch on our end, should be done soon)

This means the next release will be apache from each of these. I offer
to handle the main zipkin repo as it probably will be some more
effort. Any volunteers to handle the others?

Notably, zipkin-api and zipkin-layout-factory publish a single jar to
maven. zipkin-api may need a bit more effort as it also publishes to a
website we might want to change to the apache URL. While
b3-propagation has a maven build, I don't think we actually release
anything, so that one should be somewhat less effort.

See ya!
-A

Re: Next up: ASF incubating source releases!

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
y'all have been super helpful. Thanks especially zoltan for saving our
website :)

Brian, a lot of folks have been having access issues.. you might want
to verify you are ok. Since we don't use b3 as a dependency anywhere
should be ok.

I'm working on zipkin-reporter-java next.

NOTE NOTE next week is "golden week" in Japan, so some of these repos
might spike a release vote prior to allow folks to vote before
collecting gold.

-A

Posted by Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brian Devins-Suresh <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

I volunteer for "zipkin-layout-factory" and "zipkin-api" if they are still
available.

Cheers,