Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/07 12:37:41 UTC

guice-maven-plugin documentation down?

Hi there,

since some time i am using camel with guice. Now i want to try the
guice-maven-plugin <http://camel.apache.org/guice-maven-plugin.html>  . But
on this site i get many errors and the examples are not shown.
On  linked site
<http://camel.apache.org/maven/maven-plugins/guice-maven-plugin/plugin-info.html>
i get a 404.

So i there a working documentation? Whats the state of the plugin. I am
especially interested in guice:dot goal.

Re: guice-maven-plugin documentation down?

Posted by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the info Claus,

so there is no current Documentation at the moment? I think i can't
contribute to guice-maven-plugin doc, cause i don't know anything about it.
all goals i tried yield errors (embedded) or did nothing (dot).

But probably i can contribute a little thing to GuiceDoc:
I would mention that using "CamelModule" you need to add a provider for
Set<RoutesBuilder>.

Re: guice-maven-plugin documentation down?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Here is how you can help with the documentation

Some of the doc examples got lost due Apache Infra upgraded the wiki
system which dont support the grab the source examples from the repo
and show in the wiki. So some pages still have a few errors.

People is welcome to help find and fix those.

And btw the dot goals is deprecated and that functionality is
scheduled for removal. Also the dot goal doesnt support all the route
permutations you can do.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM, dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> since some time i am using camel with guice. Now i want to try the
> guice-maven-plugin <http://camel.apache.org/guice-maven-plugin.html>  . But
> on this site i get many errors and the examples are not shown.
> On  linked site
> <http://camel.apache.org/maven/maven-plugins/guice-maven-plugin/plugin-info.html>
> i get a 404.
>
> So i there a working documentation? Whats the state of the plugin. I am
> especially interested in guice:dot goal.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus