Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Rohit Pujari <rp...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/07/16 05:47:08 UTC

Can Spark stack scale to petabyte scale without performance degradation?

Hello Folks:

There is lot of buzz in the hadoop community around Spark's inability to
scale beyond the 1 TB datasets ( or 10-20 nodes). It is being regarded as
great tech for cpu intensive workloads on smaller data( less that TB) but
fails to scale and perform effectively on larger datasets. How true it is?

Are there any customers in who are running petabyte scale workloads on
spark in production? Are there any benchmarks performed by databricks or
other companies to clear this perception?

I'm a big fan of spark. Knowing spark is in its early stages, I'd like to
better understand boundaries of the tech and recommend right solution for
right problem.

Thanks,
Rohit Pujari
Solutions Engineer, Hortonworks
rpujari@hortonworks.com
716-430-6899

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Can Spark stack scale to petabyte scale without performance degradation?

Posted by Rohit Pujari <rp...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Matei.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.